Day 2 -Arrival at Research Center

Up at 4:45 am ready for breakfast at our hotel. I thought it was 5:45 am, breakfast served at 6:00 am and we were to depart at 7:00 am. Come to find out I was way to early for breakfast and that we were going to depart at 8:00 am. It was all worth while, I was the first one at breakfast along with my classmate Kim Stewart who I woke up this morning. We ate our fill then went back to bed for little shut eye. We all boarded a big charter bus what was going to bring us to our research center at Las Cruces Biological Station and Wilson Botanical Garden in Coto Brus. It was an eight hour drive. Our first stop along the way was at a bridge crossing a large river. There were crocodiles on the river bank, a local came by and through a dead rat down to them. I crocodile hesitated to eat the rat at first then it did. We then headed back to the bus and drove along the coast. We stopped along the ocean side and looked at some trees and spotted a pair of colorful macaws we also stopped a tucan but s/he was a bit shy. We proceeded to drive and had lunch at a shop or dinning area, I ordered some ceviche which was different then in the US but was still very tasty. The drive was quite long so I took a long nap. As we drove on ward were climbed in elevation and the road was windy. The bus driver did a good job getting us here safely. Once here were settled into our rooms and meet up for a fantastic warm dinner. We went over the agenda for tomorrow and some safety rules. The evening ended well, I can't wait to go exploring tomorrow and post some of my own photos of this amazing location.

Image result for costa rica coastImage result for macaw bird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1-Travel

Day 4- Start Research

Day 3-Site Tour