Day 1-Travel

Started my travel to Costa Rica at Yakima Airport, meet my peers at the airport. Our trip started off with a airplane delay due to oil leak. We boarded our charter plane to Seattle Airport at 9:15 pm we made it to SeaTac just in time to board our next flight to Miami Florida at 10:00pm "no time to spare". The flights were long and exhausting. It was difficult to rest, I was in the middle seat with two strangers and I started to feel claustrophobic and struggled with sitting my seat for five hours straight. In Miami airport we finally had an opportunity to get a bit to eat. Then it was time to board the next plane to our destination "Costa Rica" we finally touched down at our final stop and it was a great relief! Once we got to our hotel I quickly took a much needed hot shower. We took a quick trip to the market place near San Jose, Costa Rica. I wanted to have a quick glimpse of local people and foods, we walked up and down the market place. It is a very congested city, I learned that the city put limits on when cars can dive the roads based on their license place number. An example is if your plate ends with a 7,8, or 9. You can not drive your car on public streets on Thursday or if the police see you, you will be stopped and cited.  On our short tour of down town San Jose, I can't say that I experienced authentic Costa Rican food but we did meet a street venter in front of a local church that was doing fund raising to restore the old church. We had stuffed taco type food, it was good. Then it was time to head back to the hotel. The weather is very mild. It is the dry season for Costa Rica although it was drizzling when we went down town. There are wild cocktails in the palm trees near the hotel, it made me realize that these birds are imported and kept in cages for us to enjoy as pets. In reality are only adding to the demand of these wild birds being captured and sold. As we drove to and from the market place I noticed a city that is unmaintained and buildings that are dilapidated. It makes me interested to look into the economic circumstance this city is facing. Well tomorrow will be an early morning for us as head to our research center tomorrow.

Image result for costa rica down town

Comments

  1. Sounds like the beginning of an eventful trip. Sounds like there are a lot of things to see. I, personally, would like to know if you see any monkeys there, or other animal type critters too.
    You win the prize for writing the most on your first day bloggin’. You win a PB&J when you get back, (Wed. only). Corbin gets the nod for just writing something. Nothing reported by Monet yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PBJ, sounds wonderful, my mouth is watering. LOL I will be sure to take lots of pictures of all the creatures I encounter. I should be getting my camera tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4- Start Research

Day 3-Site Tour